Monday 10 October 2011

‘ I’M COMING BACK TO NIGERIA SOON ‘ ....DR. ROBERT KAPLAN.

UIM;                    As an academician and somebody that is always interacting with financial institutions  and             governments, what motivates you in your day to day activities ?
Dr. Kaplan;          My motivation is my idea that I’m helping to develop, communicate and can make the private and public sector enterprises work effectively and efficiently , then indirectly and through them I’m helping  to create value for citizens all over the world. That’s not a bad call.

UIM;                    Do you ever have time for yourself, if so , what do you spend it ?
Dr. Kaplan;          Well we just completed our summer in America and in that period I don’t do any travels or events. That’s the time I can play a little golf, sail a little boat do some bicycling and enjoy good food and wine with my wife and the rest of the year we enjoy Oprah and the likes.
UIM;                   Do you have children?
Dr.  Kaplan;         yea, we have two children. They are no longer young people. They are about forty years old. One of them has two children so we have two grand children and the help to keep us humble. No matter how good our reputation in the academic and business community, you always have to honour the love of your grand children.
UIM;                    When are we expecting you to visit Nigeria again?
Dr. Kaplan;          I’m in discussion with another conference sponsor potential for another event in Lagos in December 2011. So I hope that occurs.
UIM;                     Thank you sir.
Dr. Kaplan;           Thank you too for waiting patiently for this chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment